Culturama…Nevis’ premier festival is a unique celebration of the most significant milestone in the island’s history, the emancipation of slaves in the 1830s.
It is a 12-day focus on all aspects of Nevisian arts and culture featuring:
- Senior/Junior KAISO Contests
- Miss Culture Queen Pageant/Talented Youth Pageant
- Miss Swimwear Pageant/Mr. Kool Show
- Ms. Caribbean Culture Queen Pageant
- Cultural Street Fair, Emancipation Day Jump-up
- Grand Cultural Parade and Display on Culturama Tuesday
and other activities leading-up to and spanning the entire month of July.
The media launch was held on Friday, April 20th and kicked off the culturama season which runs for the entire month of July.